Statement by the Executive Committee of the Communist Party of Britain
May 9 1999
After more than a month of bombing, NATO seems intent on rejecting any hope of a peaceful settlement to the crisis in the Balkans. Diplomatic efforts by the United Nations, Russia and other countries are being blocked, as NATO's strategy of bombing Yugoslavia into the dust becomes clearer.
NATO promises that only `military targets' would be hit have been shown to be lies, as refugee convoys, trains, buses, TV stations and housing have been destroyed. The so-called `smart missiles' have rained down all over Yugoslavia and even hit Bulgaria! The attack on the embassy of the people's Republic of China is the latest outrage.
The NATO war is a clear breach of international law, it is an act of aggression against an independent, sovereign state. It is part of the campaign to create a `New World Order' dominated by the military and economic power of imperialist powers.
The Communist Party of Britain:
- Calls for an immediate end to the NATO bombing and opposes any ground invasion of any part of Yugoslavia.
- Calls for the resolution of the Kosovo conflict by peaceful negotiation, not the sham `Rambouillet Accords'
- Believes that all issues of ethnic conflict must be resolved internally, without foreign intervention.
- Supports the right of all Kosovan refugees to return to their homes and to live free from threats of forcible expulsion.
- Supports economic aid, without strings, for the reconstruction of all the Balkan countries. Blair has promised pathetic amounts of `humanitarian aid' for refugees while spending at least 4m a day on the war.
- Opposes the IMF's and Western banks' programmes to take advantage of the war to offer `loans' and grants in return for dictating economic policy. These are designed to drive the Balkan countries further into debt and ensure economic dependency on the Western powers.
- Believes that there should be no changes to the frontiers of the Balkans without the agreement of all affected parties.
- Supports the restoration of autonomy for Kosovo, within the framework of a Yugoslavian federation. The KLA have openly expressed a desire to extend their territory into Montenegro and Macedonia, as a prelude to a Greater Albania, which can only lead to further wars and conflict and more pretexts for further Western intervention. NATO is not interested in the Kosovans and will not accept any `independent' state in the Balkans. That is why they are waging war on Yugoslavia: to bring it to its knees.
Communist Party of Britain
3 Ardleigh Road, London N1 4HS
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:38:10 -0400
To: firstname.lastname@example.org (World List for Rednet)
From: Kenny Coyle <email@example.com> (by way of Scott Marshall <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Subject: Further statement from CP of Britain
_______ _______ _______ Lorenzo Peña email@example.com
Director de ESPAÑA ROJA
volver al portal de ESPAÑA ROJA
_________ _________ _________ mantenido por:
Director de ESPAÑA ROJA